Alex Lloyd Tattoo is pleased to offer the opportunity to learn the entire process of tattooing on a 1-1 basis in a professional studio environment.
Alex has worked full time in a number of studios and in 2020, opened his own studio in Surrey; Debut Studios, with the intention of providing a modern, clean and professional approach, with a focus on combining contemporary work and technique with exceptional customer service.
Alex is pleased to offer an apprenticeship that covers all necessary elements to become a qualified and proficient artist. This has a huge advantage over a lengthy, outdated traditional style apprenticeship as well as online tattoo courses that offer no studio or 1-1 experience.
- Health and safety
- Hygiene, Aseptic technique and awareness of cross-contamination
- Infection control
- Sharps and clinical waste management
- Control of substances hazardous to health
- Awareness of anatomy and physiology
- Safe practice
- The basics to transition from Artist to Tattoo Artist
- Drawing up for tattoos
- Concept of light, shade, dynamics and perspective
- Tattoo equipment and setting up for a client
- Tattoo machine and maintenance
- Needle groupings and techniques
- Ink theory - black and grey to colour
- Skin preparation
- Different styles of tattooing
- Line and shading consistency
- Approach to cover ups/tattoo placement
- The importance of aftercare
- Consent forms
- Customer service and client rapport
- Understanding the dynamics of a studio environment
- Sourcing materials
- Problem solving
- Social media
- Drawing tasks
- All materials required during the duration of the course including Tattoo Machine, needles, ink, synthetic skin and disposables
- Council licensing fee
- Certificate of completion
Upon completion of the course, you will be expected to work at the studio for a minimum of 1 year.
For further information or to enquire please leave your details below.